Thursday, May 17, 2012

Meeting Musings: Tuesdays at the Castle

Sorry this post is almost a week late.  It's almost time for the next one. 

The small notebooks we made at the meeting were a big hit, I think.  There were some pretty creative girls who made some great books.  We were so interested in the notebooks that we didn't talk much about Tuesdays At The Castle.  We did get a little talk in and the general consensus was that it's a wonderful book.  The main character, Princess Celie, is pretty amazing.  I think I like Castle Glower the best, though.  It has a great sense of humor.  We liked the tricks the kids and castle played on the bad guys to try to get them to leave.  When I read it, I was laughing out loud.

If you had a hard time finishing the book, you'll be happy to hear the next one is a lot shorter.  It's called The Dream Stealer by Sid Fleischman.  It goes along with the Summer Reading theme which is "Dream Big, Read." 

The next meeting is on June 13, 2012 at 7:00 pm.  I'll see you there!


Gloria

No comments:

Post a Comment