Thursday, August 18, 2011

Meeting Notes: King of the Wind

Here it is Thursday and I'm just getting around to posting on my blog.  I'm sorry I haven't posted sooner!

As I was expecting, the meeting was a bit smaller than usual with the start of school happening the next Monday.  Still we had a couple of people.  We talked  about the book, but the main discussion was sidetracked to other books we were reading.  It was a shorter meeting, so I'll just get down to the important parts.  Lydia won the prize of two books, Black Beauty and Guide For Horse Loonies.  Next we picked the book for next month.  The two choices were:

Beezus and Ramona by Beverly Cleary.  It's about a girl who doesn't get along with her younger sister very well.  Ramona is always bothering Beezus and ruining things for her.  Will Beezus ever learn to love her sister?

Frindle by Andrew Clements.  This is a story about a boy who has great ideas.  He clashes with his teacher over his invented word "frindle."  But has he taken it too far?

And the winner is....Frindle!  Pick up your copy today!  We will be discussing this book during our next meeting on Sept 9, 2011.  I hope to see you there!

Gloria

No comments:

Post a Comment